WORDprints

places where God's Word has touched my life and left it's impression

Monday, November 28, 2005

blessed by exile

Furthermore, tell the people,
"This is what the LORD says:
'See,
I am setting before you the way of life
and the way of death.
Whoever stays in this city will die by the sword, famine or plague.
But whoever goes out and surrenders to the Babylonians who are besieging you will live;
he will escape with his life.'"
Jeremiah 21:8,9
*
The the word of the LORD came to me:
"This is what the LORD, the God of Israel, says:
'Like these good figs, I regard as good the exiles from Judah,
whom I sent away from this place to the land of the Babylonians.
My eyes will watch over them for their good,
and I will bring them back to this land.
I will build them up and not tear them down;
I will plant them and not uproot them.
I will give them a heart to know me,
that I am the LORD.
They will be my people,
and I will be their God,
for they will return to me
with all their heart.'"
Jeremiah 24:4-7
*
"For I know the plans I have for you,"
declares the LORD,
"plans to prosper you and not to harm you,
plans to give you hope and a future.
Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me,
and I will listen to you.
You will seek me and find me
when you seek me with all your heart.
I will be found by you,"
declares the LORD,
"and will bring you back from captivity."
Jeremiah 29:11-14
*
God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble.
Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand,
that he may lift you up in due time.
Cast all your anxiety on him
because he cares for you.
Be self-controlled and alert.
Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion
looking for someone to devour.
Resist him, standing firm in the faith,
because you know that your brothers throughout the world
and undergoing the same kind of sufferings.
And the God of all grace,
who called you to his eternal glory in Christ,
after you have suffered a little while,
will himself restore you and make you strong,
firm and steadfast.
To him be the power for ever and ever.
Amen
1 Peter 5:5-11