WORDprints

places where God's Word has touched my life and left it's impression

Thursday, April 26, 2007

God with us

from the time of the conquest of Canaan...
"The LORD gave this command to Joshua son of Nun: 'Be strong and courageous, for you will bring the Israelites into the land I promised them on oath, and I myself will be with you.'"
Deuteronomy 31:23
*
to the time of the prophets....
"When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and when you pass through the rivers, they will not sweep over you. When you walk through the fire, you will not be burned; the flames will not set you ablaze."
Isaiah 43:2
*
and the time of Christ...
"All this took place to fulfill what the LORD had said through the prophet: 'The virgin will be with child and will give birth to a son, and they will call him Immanuel' - which means 'God with us.'"
Matthew 1:22,23
*
and yet today...
"And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age."
Matthew 28:20