WORDprints

places where God's Word has touched my life and left it's impression

Wednesday, February 01, 2006

in the beginning

from Genesis 1:1
*
In the prologue to his book titled Living With Fred, Brad Whittington writes...
"In the early nineties when I first wrote what later became Welcome To Fred, I viewed it as the story of a kid finding his way through a sticky patch of adolescence rendered more difficult by the multiple complications of culture shock and PKness. Then last night I realized I was wrong ... It wasn't the story about a kid. It never was. It was a story about a father."

We also tend to think that our stories, our lives, are about ourselves. We are wrong. They never were. Our lives take place in the much greater story of our heavenly Father. A story that begins with ... In the beginning, God
*
Our Father in heaven,
hallowed be your name
your kingdom come,
your will be done
on earth as it is in heaven.