WORDprints

places where God's Word has touched my life and left it's impression

Sunday, November 28, 2004

thanks (update)

So, a few days after posting the words to Gratitude, here I was, at 1:00 this morning, scrambling around outside in the cold and dark, scrounging up the things I needed to get a portable heater going in our house, as our furnace had decided to blow only ccccccold air. And the words of the song came back to me...

Wrap us up
And warm us through
Tucked away beneath our sturdy roofs
Let us slumber safe from danger's view this time
Or maybe not, not today
Maybe You'll provide in other ways
And if that's the case...

We'll give thanks to you
With gratitude....

And I'm wondering, is God testing me on this? That these are not just words that sound good...... but they are something that I actually live out in my daily life....... broken furnaces and all?