WORDprints

places where God's Word has touched my life and left it's impression

Friday, November 19, 2004

1 Peter 5:6-11

Humble yourselves, therefore, under God's mighty hand, that he may lift you up in due time.

Father, help me to humble myself under your hand. You know I get impatient and start to complain and squirm. Your timing is perfect, and your purposes are always good. Help me to trust you, and then to rest in that trust.

Cast all your anxiety on him because He cares for you.

You know how hard this is for me. I give my anxieties to you, but then, rather than leaving them there, I take them back up on myself again. You are so much bigger and stronger than I - help me to leave them with you where they belong. Thank you for caring for me.

Be self-controlled and alert. Your enemy the devil prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. Resist him, standing firm in the faith,

Help me to be alert to the schemes of satan, and recognizing them, give me the self-control to resist them. Too often instead, I flirt around the edges of them. Help me to find repulsive, the things which you find repulsive.

because you know that your brothers throughout the world are undergoing the same kind of sufferings.

Help me not to get so caught up in my SELF. Instead, help me to learn how to share the burdens of others, whether through prayer, or however else I am able.

And the God of all grace, who called you to his eternal glory in Christ, after you have suffered a little while,

Help me to remember that, as Paul said, these problems are light and momentary in comparison to the eternal glory we have been promised through the grace of Christ Jesus.

will HIMSELF restore you and make you strong, firm and steadfast.

You know my tendency is to try to fix things myself, often resulting in making an even bigger muddle of things. Please restore me, in your time, making me strong, firm, and steadfast.

To him be the power for ever and ever. Amen

Amen