WORDprints

places where God's Word has touched my life and left it's impression

Saturday, July 16, 2005

a person of prayer

"I looked for a man among them who would build up the wall and stand before me in the gap on behalf of the land so I would not have to destroy it, but I found none."
Ezekiel 22:30
*
"I have posted watchmen on your walls, O Jerusalem; they will never be silent day or night. You who call on the Lord, give yourselves no rest, and give him no rest till he establishes Jerusalem and makes her the praise of the earth."
Isaiah 62:6,7
*
In reading several of the books by Robert Whitlow recently, what most struck me is some of the powerful people of prayer that he portrays in his stories. That is what I would really like to be. Yet I really hesitate to come out and say that because I know just how far short I continually fall. It is kind of like the prayer in Mark 9:24... "I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief!" Only in this case my prayer is...
Lord,
I want to be somebody that you can use to stand in the gap in prayer. Please do what it takes to mold me into such a person. You know my weaknesses. Help me to be faithful. Help me to recognize your voice and to follow you. Give me a heart after yours.
For Jesus sake, amen